We were recently invited to check out the new luxury lounger recliners and other upgrades at Century Stadium 25 and XD theatre in Orange. On the opening night of Frozen 2, our whole family was there for a family movie night . Right when we saw the theatre from afar while driving up, we were impressed. It’s a tall building that’s glamorously lit with lights. Just seeing the grand presence of the theatre made us more excited to be watching our movie there.
The luxury lounger they are featuring is wide and spacious and very plush. Sitting in it reminds me of what it would be like on a first class seat on an airplane. What’s even better is that not only does the lounger recline, it is heated to three different levels! On the cold night that we were there, the heated seats were very welcomed. We were loving it! As a bonus, each seat has a swivel tray so that you have a place to put your popcorn and food. What a great design!
The rest of the theatre is very beautiful and spacious too. There’s a large, modern concession area where you can grab your own snacks and drinks and then pay for it at the counter. The selection has a lot of variety, more so than other movie theaters I’ve been to. There is also an arcade and tables for seating. The whole theatre has a high ceiling and even has details like designed walls.
This is definitely a great theatre to go to on a special night out or for a celebration with the family. It’s a luxury movie theater experience that you will enjoy, that’s same price as other normal theaters. You might as well make the family outing extra special and come to this one.
This upgraded theatre includes a variety of new amenities such as:
- Two Cinemark XD auditoriums – featuring the No. 1, exhibitor Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world, with state-of-the-art picture and sound quality;
- 25 auditoriums furnished with Cinemark Luxury Loungers – electric-powered, plush, oversize recliners with footrests, cup holders, swivel trays and heat-controlled seats;
- Reserved seating with online, kiosk and app ticketing capabilities;
- Expanded seating area in the Café;
- Revamped interior and exterior with designer carpeting and newly painted facade.
The Century Stadium 25 and XD theatre is located at 1701 W. Katella Ave., Orange CA 92867 within the Stadium Promenade. For more information on showtimes, click here.
– By Joyce Lee (We were provided movie tickets for this review, all opinions are my own.)