We absolutely loved watching “Wonka” in the theater with our kids. This heartfelt prequel was just the right amount of humor, magic, and the perfect blend of whimsicalness that you would expect and want in the making of the famous Willy Wonka. The movie is appropriate for the whole family and the music is fantastic. Experience the magical origin of the world’s most famous chocolatier when “Wonka” debuts for purchase and rental Digitally at home on January 30, 2024. The film will also be available to purchase on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on February 27, 2024.
See our instagram post from the movie screening Here.
“Wonka” tells the wondrous story of how a young chocolate-maker, armed with nothing but a hatful of dreams, manages to change the world, one delectable bite at a time. (Running Time: 116 minutes, Rating: PG ) Starring Timothée Chalamet in the title role, Based on the extraordinary, iconic character at the center of Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, one of the best-selling children’s books of all time, this vivid and inventive big screen spectacle will introduce audiences to a young Willy Wonka, as he becomes the world’s greatest inventor, magician and chocolate-maker.
- On January 30, “Wonka” will be available for early Premium Digital Ownership at home for $24.99 and for 48-hour rental via PVOD for $19.99 SRP on participating digital platforms where you purchase or rent movies, including Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu, and more.
- On February 27, “Wonka” will be available to own on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD from online and physical retailers. “Wonka” will also continue to be available to own in high definition and standard definition from participating digital retailers.
DIGITAL, 4K, BLU-RAY & DVD ELEMENTS
“Wonka” Premium Digital Ownership, 4K UHD and Blu-ray contain the following special features:
Unwrapping Wonka: Paul King’s Vision
- Revered director Paul King takes you on a deep dive into his experience adapting the beloved story of Wonka.
The Whimsical Music of Wonka
- Composer Joby Talbot and songwriter Neil Hannon take you into the studio to illuminate the craft behind the wondrous songs of the film.
Welcome to Wonka Land
- Production designer Nathan Crowley and the rest of the “Wonka” crew discuss creating the magical sets that transport audiences to the worlds of the film.
Hats Off to Wonka
- Costume designer Lindy Hemming breaks down the inspiration and intention behind each of the character’s wonderful costumes.
- Chocolatier Gabriella Cugno provides an in-depth look at the creatin of the beautiful chocolates seen in “Wonka.”
Wrap yourself in the delectable world of Wonka with a collection of products from the WB Shop. This exciting range is now available online and captures the magical and whimsical essence of the film with new and exclusive designs featured on apparel, home goods, and more!
Activity Sheets and Music Downloads
The film soundtrack is also available for download:
Activity Sheets can be downloaded here.