If you’re looking for summer fun with the family, it’s is a great time go to Universal Studios Hollywood and visit these 7 spots. This theme park brings some of the most popular franchises in film history to life and is perfect for nonstop summer fun with its blockbuster rides and attractions.
Don’t Miss These 7 Spots at Universal Studio Hollywood This Summer
1. Stay late for the summer return of “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts TM Castle” in “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.” If you’ve seen Hogwarts Castle in the day time, you’ll know how breathtaking it looks at first sight. Seeing the Hogwarts Castle at night this summer is even better.
This summer, “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” returns with a dazzling light and special effects projection display set against the backdrop of Hogwarts School. As night falls on Hogsmeade village, guests can enjoy an awe-inspiring spectacle that showcases the four houses of Hogwarts: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin, accompanied by a special musical arrangement based on original scores from the film series. This is our first time seeing this light show and it’s worth staying late for. You won’t believe your eyes, the transformation of Hogwarts Castle is so magical!
2. Experience “Jurassic World—The Ride” where you will be caught in the middle of an extraordinary battle between the Indominus rex and her arch-rival, the Tyrannosaurus rex.
It feels like a new experience all over again to be on this ride with the epic conclusion of Universal Pictures’ Jurassic World Dominion. As one of the hottest movies of the year hit the big screen, Universal Studios Hollywood is the only place in L.A. to catch the action after the credits roll and become immersed in one-of-a-kind blockbuster attractions. This is our all time favorite ride at Universal Studios Hollywood. It’s a thrill to see the large dinosaurs so dangerously close. We can ride this over and over again!
3. Set off on an adventure aboard the “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” ride.
Minions continue to run amok at Universal Studios Hollywood as the theme park’s theatrical release of Illumination and Universal Picture’s newest film, Minions: The Rise of Gru, on July 1. We recently watched this new movie and loved it. Experiencing this ride again after watching the origin story of Gru, makes it so complete.
The Minion activation also features exclusive experiences for guests, including interacting with a 16-foot Minion squishy and engaging in a specially-created Minion-themed game through Sunday, August 14.
4. Family fun continues on Illumination’s award-winning ride The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” where guests become transformed into stray puppies looking for their forever homes. This was our first time riding this adorable ride. It’s so cute and fun from beginning to end. We love the pre-ride experiences that you’ll see while in line too.
5. Visit the immersive “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” land. When you’re here it feels like you stepped into the movie. See the Hogwarts Express, visit the speciality stores, try the famous Butter Beer, enjoy the rides and details of each building inside and out. We loved the themed decor everywhere.
6. For a sneak peek of an authentic movie and television production studio, guests can get a bird’s eye view on the world-renowned Studio Tour, which now features several electric trams in its current fleet! This tour is always on the must visit list and is a good blend of the nostalgic as well as the new.
7. This summer also sees the return of the “Special Effects Show,” a fast-paced and entertaining behind-the-scenes peek at the world of Hollywood movie-making magic. This show was so eye opening! We saw how they do dangerous stunts in movies, including catching on fire! The Special Effects Show will run daily from Friday, July 1 through Sunday, August 14, then weekends only, beginning Saturday, August 20th.
We went through all the rides with the Universal Express to skip the long lines. What a difference it made! We saved so much time and highly recommend it. Preparing for a visit to Universal Studios Hollywood to experience the Best Day in L.A. is easy with a series of convenient online tools that range from Universal’s interactive mobile app and website and all-new Discover Universal hub, designed to help maximize trips for the ultimate visit.
More information is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.
See more photos on our instagram post here.